Updated: Mar 30, 2019
...and now you've got questions. Well, I've worked with VIPKID for over a year, and I've got answers!
"Can I really earn $2,000 per month from home?" You can earn as much as you can handle. Classes are 30 minutes, and you open your own schedule with complete control over when you do and don't teach. You can earn up to $25 per hour, plus incentives. I earn about $22 per hour.
"What are the requirements?"
You must have:
- Teaching experience of any kind including tutoring, coaching, or mentoring (at least 1 year)
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. or Canada
- A computer and headset
- High-speed internet connection (or a connection good enough for video chat basically)
If you've got all of those things, you are completely qualified and should apply now for this flexible extra income: https://t.vipkid.com.cn/mkt/landing/personal?referralToken=00c253e90e68d2bd68e32759aa97b8d8&refereeId=8282402
"Is it a scam that's too good to be true?"
No! It's a job! A job with an extremely rapidly growing company, hence the nonstop advertisements and bombardments from teachers who want you as referrals, including me.
"Is it a lot of work?"
When you first start teaching, you will need to work a little extra to prepare for classes by reviewing the materials. After you've taught it for a month or two, everything will start to come naturally.
"What if I start and don't like it. Can I stop teaching whenever I want?"
As mentioned before, you have ultimate control over what you open for teaching or not. If you don't want to work for VIPKID anymore, don't open slots to teach.
"Where can I get more information?"
The first step is to apply. If your basic information is accepted, you will receive a plethora of info from VIPKID as they guide you through the hiring pipeline. If you go through a referrer, like myself, they may also give you additional support along the way, depending on whose link you use.
"Should I do it?"
Are you looking for a way to earn money while you stay at home in your PJs? Do you enjoy following directions and having a job? Do you like the idea of tutoring Chinese children learning English and the thrill of feeling successful when they learn things because they had classes with you? I think you already have your answer.
Oh, and one last thing.
I'm an experienced referrer with a number of successful VIPKID hires to my name. You can check out my referral satisfaction feedback here. I offer email support throughout your entire entry process and beginning career as a VIPKID teacher. I usually have a steady stream of applications that use my link each month. Will you be one of the teachers that I have the pleasure of helping along through the process?
If you would like my support as you start this journey, you can:
1. Use my link to apply:
2. Check out some YouTube videos I have made about VIPKID:
3. Send me an email with questions:
4. Schedule a video call with me so that we can meet face to face and you have the opportunity to question and converse with a real, live person about the VIPKID life:
5. Read a little bit more about why VIPKid is an awesome job, how I can help you as your referrer, and how to get started: https://www.wilturner.net/vipkid
6. Enjoy the new gig! Whether it's a side hustle for a little extra income, or a transition into VIPKID as a part-time or full-time job, the bottom line is this: you will get paid to hang out with adorable kids on the other side of the world from the comfort of your own home!
Thanks for reading, and happy teaching! Wil Turner
* The image for this blog post is VIPKID's official Facebook group's cover photo, not one of my own.
** VIPKID teachers earn from successful referrals that sign up with their code.
*** Please allow up to 48 hours response time if you send me emails. I usually have quite a bit of work to sort through each day.